Your First Week at College
At City College we want to make you feel welcome and part of the College community as soon as you walk through the door.
Starting College is an exciting time, but it can also be a daunting experience. So here are a few tips that may help you in your first week:
- make sure you have the right materials/equipment/uniform on your first day – this includes a pen and paper!
- try not to be late on your first day
- get to know your fellow students and make new friends
- don’t be afraid to ask anyone for help
- make sure you get involved with all of the induction activities on offer
- familiarise yourself with your timetable and use the campus maps provided to find your way around
- be respectful, polite and friendly to your fellow students and staff
- join in enrichment activities and trips