Getting You Ready for Work
We want to make sure that what you learn at College is relevant when you go out into the workplace – that is why local employers have an input into how our courses are designed.
We also make sure you have access to valuable work placements* and experiences to boost your knowledge, your CV and your confidence – so you really will stand head and shoulders above the competition!
Our Work Placements and Careers teams offers a wide range of activities focused on ensuring you gain the skills that employers want, including:
- employer lectures, giving you an insight into particular jobs and the progression opportunities available
- workshops where you can develop your CV writing and presentation skills
- industry visits and tours
- support with finding relevant work experience*, CV writing, interview techniques and job applications.
The teams also provide impartial information, advice and guidance on all your career options. They can help you with advice about lots of different topics including careers advice, help finding work, volunteering, work experience or going to university.
To book an appointment with a Careers Advisor call 01752 305388 or e-mail email@example.com
* If you are enrolled on a full-time study programme, work experience will be part of your course.